Friday, March 27, 2009

The Surprise


Thursday was just like any other day. I went to work in the morning at the hospital, came home, laid in the sun for a few minutes before snorkeling (thank you, Mr. BoJangles, Sr. Barracuda and new friend, Harry, the octopus, for allowing me to see you), laying on the beach for a bit longer and then showering at my apartment before heading out for the night. But, on this particular Thursday, an odd thing happened. I received a text message from Eric, who was supposed to get in on Sunday, asking me where I was. "Roatan, duh!", I thought, before another few seconds passed and I thought "does he mean where on Roatan? Could he somehow be here now?! No way."


Way. He was here. From about 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. (the whole time I was on the beach and snorkeling just a few feet from him) he had been sitting in the Palapa Bar (Sundowners) across the street from my apartment. How had we not seen each other?


What a wonderful surprise. It is spectacular to have him here. He is now a guest writer on this blog, so you will hear from both us (and see if I really am doing this place justice with my posts). And in his less than 24 hours here, he has already adjusted quickly to the island lifestyle and knows everyone on our end of the island!


No comments:

Post a Comment